Sunday, March 4, 2012

David Kennard

The Dogs Of Windcutter DownThe Dogs Of Windcutter Down by David Kennard

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


"There is no good flock without a good shepherd, and no good shepherd without good dogs."

"These age-old words of wisdom have always guided Devon sheep farmer David Kennard. But as her battles to save his farm from extinction, they resonate more loudly -- and unexpectedly -- than ever. David knows he will be able to rely, as always, on his faithful sheepdogs Greg,Swift, Gail, Fern and Ernie. But even he is surprised when the dogs -- aided and abetted by eccentric newcomer Jake -- prove to be Borough Farm's secret weapon."
~~back cover

Lovely book about the perils and the joys of sheep farming, training border collies, and the seasonal round of sheep. I enjoyed it thoroughly, but then I adore border collies, and only wish I could have one. They're not happy unless they're herding sheep, and how many sheep can I get in my suburban back yard?


No comments:

Post a Comment